Wherever you go, go with all of your heart...

The adventures of a Peace Corps Volunteer in the Pearl of Africa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Staging

Slight change of plans with staging today, since we are expecting snow Tuesday night into Wednesday we did not stay in Philly tonight. Instead we packed up early and took the bus to NYC to stay for the night. As long as the snow doesn't fail us up we should be scheduled as planned and leave the hotel at 6am to go to JFK for our 10:30am flight to South Africa. I'm so tired tonight... I only slept about one to two hours last night, I had too much to do and was to anxious to fall asleep. Saying good bye to my mom, dad, and brother was so hard... I cried but tried so hard to fight back and not ball my eyes out completely. It helped to think I wasn't going anywhere for a long period of time and I would see them soon. I don't know how I am going to go without seeing them for such a long period of time. This is going to be tough. Another side note... I over packed!! -Surprise, surprise!!

It's funny all the anxiety and concern I felt last night when packing completely left as soon as I entered the hotel. I feel like I'm where I need to be and it feels so good. The people are so amazing and I can tell I've already made some friends that will end up being life long. I'm so excited!!!

Now it's time to repack and move things around a little bit, then sleep (FINALLY), then wake up early for our 15+ hour plane ride!! At lease I can sleep on the plane!! :-)


P.S.- Mom, Dad, Sean, Family, & Friends... Thank you for all your continuing support!! Words cannot describe how truly blessed I feel to have so many wonderful caring people in my life. I love you with all of my heart and am going to miss you greatly!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Love Always & God's Blessings,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment